so I received this few days ago, I wasn't expecting a package so I was wondering what it was.
turns out to be a AeroYo Turbo Fly.
turns out to be a AeroYo Turbo Fly.
now this is not the production run, more like the first test run. more pictures first.
this offstring yoyo is hub stackable.
this run also sport a double sided spacer system,
which fits D size bearing, aka HSpin size bearing,
and C size bearing aka YYJ large, on the other side of the spacers.
but in this package, only the D size came along with it.
so, you can see the finish on the inner part of the body, its meant for grinding.
however, players feedback it affects horizontal style tricks, that surface kill the spins.
a couple things to say about this yoyo, its a little too light, it doesn't 'eat' strings, which means it does not response to string whips, bind ain't tight, and stacks make it wobble. on my second drop, the T stacks flew out of the hub. and with the stacks on, on a drop, it bounce to its side instead of straight forward/backwards. all these, on the D size bearing.
however, on the size C bearing, it performs slightly better, a slightly tighter bind, but still not tight enough, manage to response to a couple string whips, but still light, pretty much perform the same except that by using size C bearing, you gain more response in terms of whips.
however, on the size C bearing, it performs slightly better, a slightly tighter bind, but still not tight enough, manage to response to a couple string whips, but still light, pretty much perform the same except that by using size C bearing, you gain more response in terms of whips.
on top of that, be it size D or C bearing, this yoyo has a throw back feel. the yoyo goes to the back when u do a forward pass throw. definitely not what most offstring players would want at its current stage. But Sergey said it'll be tweaked, they've receive feedbacks from testers and are going to improve the weight, responsiveness, bind tightness, etc. And I think I'll be getting the new improved one when they have it, for time being I'll be bringing this run to meetings, guys can try it out.
I'll try to post pictures of it with the large bearing, and bring up this entry.a
















Saint Petersburg Yo-Yo Team: AERO-YO TURBOFLY [promo]
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1Eq7Mbz-Y